Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Red Sea...

I still remember when I was a kid and didn't go to school, my elder brother actually used to tell me stories. And they were supposed to scare me. Anyway, once he told me the reason why the Red Sea was red(keeping in mind I spent my childhood in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)...

When you are kids, your bound to have head lice. And my brother once said that do you know what happens when you have lice in your hair?! At night they take you from your bed to the sea and then drown you. That's why the red sea is called the Red Sea because of the blood of all those people who have head lice.

And I actually believed him!!! But then eventually I grew up!

Some years later, some business delegation from Japan came at my father's office and he was supposed to show them around Jeddah. So, while he was at it, the Japanese man said,

"Tell me... I'm very curious. Is Red Sea really Red?!"

...

2 comments:

Ammaro said...

japanese peh'san, vewy cwever.

A.K said...

Moral of the post: The stories give life to places which otherwise donot appeal to you.