Sunday, June 17, 2007

Reflection

I've been reading Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch ALbom and a lot of things struck me while I was going through it.

It was utterly shocking that the dying professor just because he's close to death can actually relate to the death coming to innocent people in Bosina or other parts of the world. He could only shed tears at them when he himself is dying slowly. I was quite taken aback! I mean such sensitivity comes only just before dying?!

Well... I shouldn't generalize, they do cry over the death of their pets and stuff. They'd call 911 for some stray animal but they would not hesitate to drop bombs over the innocent civillians across the globe.

Oops! I shouldn't digresss... Anyway, in that book the professor talks about the meaning of life. Which is indeeed a huge topic. According to the professor one should only live to love or he/she should die! WOW! I know! And yet it took a deathbed for a professor to come close to the Bosnians who were dying?!

3 comments:

Naeema Akram-Jehanzeb said...

Exactly this is how I wanted you to read the book! :-)
You are always there to voice my voiceless opinions... lolz... yes yes I know most of the times ny opinions are loud enough... Thumbs up!

A.K said...

lol.

icupearls.org archive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.